Children of all ages can be absent minded and it affects them in different ways, depending on their age and stage.
This first vlog highlights the challenging circumstance of a healthy 4 year old, Jake, still not toilet trained. After evaluating him in The Thrive Group clinic, we explored the factors that were affecting his late toilet training and came up with some surprising results.
GETTING OUT OF YOUR BRAIN, AND INTO YOUR BODY (Part I):
Key points from this video:
- Nightmare scenario for Jake’s parents. [0:37]
- The underlying challenge. [0:46]
- Living in his head, what it means. [0:56]
- Stuck in cognitive mode. [1:10]
- Lack of respect for the body. [1:19]
- What it may look like to parents, friends, and teachers.[1:27]
If your child seems to be absent-minded and stuck in his/her own body, we can help. Contact Us for an Evaluation.